Thursday, February 08, 2007

Mr Lisa surprised me on Sunday by telling me he had arranged for me to have piano lessons! Yay! I was always quite good at music at school, but I was given very little choice as to which instruments I learned to play, so I was given cornet and clarinet and told I was to be in the school brass band. All I really wanted to play was piano, but I was told no, so in my spare time at home I taught myself guitar from books and by ear, because we didn't have a piano, but we did have a guitar! I'm sure there's some logic in there somewhere!

Anyway, on Tuesday I had my first lesson. It was great, not only because I get to do what I've wanted to do for about twenty five years but also because I know my teacher which makes it easier. He kept asking "Are you sure you've never played piano before?" because I basically skipped the first 10 pages of the book and went straight into the more complicated stuff. LOL

Well, that's that bit of news. The other is that, through a long period of personal change and revelation, the reasons for which I shall not go into here, I have decided to embark on a completely new path for me, and join an amateur dramatics group. Last night my Dad and I went up to the People's Theatre in Heaton for the new members night (which is held once a month) and got a tour of the theatre including backstage, lights, dressing rooms, wardrobe, etc, got to sit in on a couple of rehearsals for a while and were given an introduction to the many aspects of putting on a production. They also hold ACTS workshops every Tuesday, and have general auditions every week. I came away trembling with excitement! I wanted to join there and then, but my Dad is more level headed and suggested we check out the Washington Theatre Group as well. We're going there tonight. It's smaller though, and doesn't have the history that the People's Theatre has, or the same sized stage!

Anyway, I'll let you know what happens, and in the future if I'm in any productions and you're in the area, come and see!! LOL But be easy on me because this acting lark is new to me!

1 Comment:

  1. M_A_A_B said...
    wow! Go you! The piano lessons sound fab as does the amature dramatics stuff!

    Have lots of fun!

    Love Amy :D

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates